Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is Earnest Money Required In A Short Sale Situation?

Q: My agent informed me that earnest money for a short sale transaction was required to make a contract binding. Is that true? More importantly, is earnest money refundable if a buyer pulls out of a contract prior to bank approval even though our contract provides for bank approval within 60 days?
–Anonymous, Bartlett, IL

A: The promise of the earnest money deposit is needed, but the money does not have to be placed into escrow until the bank approves the sale. This is a common error.

[READ THE FULL STORY HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you... retiring the blog... offering referrals in St. Louis and beyond

Hi... thank you for visiting my blog.  Also, thank all of you who have liked my St. Louis Facebook page(s)... please keep in touch. I hold...